Monday, June 30, 2008

The Egg Theory

At Awards Daily, Ryan Adams comes up with a WALL-E theory concerning Eve the Robot. Simply put, he sees her and her shape as that of an egg, and the story as an allegory of Christian rebirth and redemption for a dead world. Nice theory. Potentially gives the film a bit of intellectual and artistic depth and credibility. The problem is that even if true, it doesn't impress me all that much. That doesn't rank highly enough on the artistic continuum to suddenly fall at its feet. But it will probably allow the film's ardent fans to continue to proclaim it the greatest movie ever made.

3 comments:

elgringo said...

I know that Wall-E was constructed around a pair of binoculars...

I have a feeling Eve had about the same amount of thought behind her. That's just what I gathered when the director spoke at WonderCon.

Scott
he-shot-cyrus.blogspot.com

K. Bowen said...

That is definitely interesting, Gringo. What else did he have to say?

Anonymous said...

I loved WALL•E, and am almost done with my review of it, and I really did enjoy Ry's post, and it impressed me.