Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dazed and Confused cast update

I was thinking I would try to write a "Where are they now?" post for Dazed and Confused. It seemed like a good idea. In fact it's such a good idea that Moviefone beat me to it. And somehow they've worked out a system where they will get 36 clicks for it, too. Being that I'm neither that productive nor that entrepreneurial, I'll just link instead.

Some cool notes in there. Marissa Ribisi, aside from being the twin of her more famous brother Giovanni, is also Mrs. Beck. Milla Jovovich and co-star Shane Andrews eloped, but the marriage was annuled by her parents because she was underage. Although it's not mentioned here, it occurred to me that nagging feeling that I remember Adam Goldberg comes from Zodiac, where he played Duffy Jennings, Robert Downey's replacement at the Chronicle. And the one I knew but forgot to mention ... arguably the most famous person in the film is an obscure extra, Renee Zellweger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been so long since I've watched Dazed, sometimes I forget how many faces were in it.

Asking "where are they now?" though makes me feel about a thousand years old. I seem to recall something similar when I was younger about the cast of American Graffiti.

Now I'm my parents' age...

K. Bowen said...

Yeah, well, I was reading Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses on the plane this weekend. I still think of that as a very contemporary book that was written a few years ago. After all, it came out when I was in college. I thought about it more and realized that for a college student today, it is the same age as Gravity's Rainbow was when I was in college. Shocking.

Adam Goldberg was Private Melish, the Jewish soldier, in Saving Private Ryan. That's the other place I recall him from.