Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Diane Lane Movie: All the Essentials

After watching Nights in Rodanthe last night, I thought it would be fun to collect all of the essential elements of the "Diane Lane Movie." You know the one. The middle-aged romance.

Be warned, if you post here, your idea is subject to ending up in my review.

Essentials:

Lonely single/divorced forty-ish woman.
The remote, picturesque vacation locale.
The successful, attractive, stimulating love interest
The multiethnic best friend
Love letters. Oh, no no no no no. Wait! HANDWRITTEN love letters.
Fine wine.
Someone is an artist.

What else?

1 comment:

Coleman's Corner in Cinema... said...

The cultured older man who has a thing for our protagonist but the protagonist would rather be with the younger stud? (I'm thinking of Under the Tuscan Sun here, which I'm shocked I can still at least partially remember.)