Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tornado warning

Well, early this morning was an eventful time. I woke up at about 3:45 a.m. with my area of Dallas County in a tornado warning. You can't imagine the lightning show going on outside, with the wind swirling. I looked out the window and realized, this has got to be tornado weather, but had to flip to a different radio station before I found out, yes, it was in fact tornado weather. Areas of circulation were being spotted in my general area. The sirens went off at some point. I thought for sure a twister was going to drop out of that skyI spent a good 20 minutes in the bathtub. April in Texas.

Last I heard, they were still checking to see if the wind damage came from straight-line winds or if a tornado touched down north of my home in Plano.

No comments: